Pages

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Why I Game

So the other day I was just casually having my aura read for the experience of it and was told that apparently gaming was used as escapism when i was going through hard times. Spot on! Almost.

I love stories. Whether Im reading them, watching them, listening or otherwise... but nothing has ever been like experiencing them. Thats what games are to me.

Whether Im spinning the in-board wheel in the Game of Life, playing a sim like... the Sims or Banished or hitting up Alistair in Dragon Age Origins, Im experiencing a story or making one up as I go along. That's what draws me to games.

So while the universe has recently blessed me with a steady increase in work and so on... my body, or at least my right wrist, is feeling the burn.


So here's to you WoW - while not fully narrative, I enjoy you enough to force my moneymakers down a tragic path clogged with destructive forces that may leave me penniless but clothes in purps. Well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment