Pages

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

On being thankful

Im not a religious person, which to me seems odd in a very religious family, but i do like to think theres something else out there. The other week i found myself thinking out the rest of my life, moving forward - especially in terms of work and so on. So I did apply to a job that Im sure I wont hear back from but I found myself on my old campus asking the universe for a way forward.

Later that day I got a message from a friend saying his parents wanted to know if I was interested in some freelance writing work. The universe had apparently answered me. I was so excited.

And I still am. But also incredibly nervous. I want to see if they think my writing is up to par, and that means doing some writing and waiting to hear back as I smoke herbal cigarettes that apparently dont make me as sleepy as awful factory made stuff.

And even if they don't think my writing is up to par, there's one thing I want to say, specifically to the universe:



And I think it's something that should be said more often. I think that I get way too easily disappointed because I've lost a lot of opportunities to circumstance, from the possibility of oversea universities because I wanted to stay home with my mother to help her through cancer to my past few other jobs because of illness or crappy mid-bosses.

That said, I've gained so much and Im grateful for every opportunity that comes my way because I've learned from them. I learned to appreciate the education funded by Pacific governments and paid for by my mother, and I got through my first degree, I learned how to be a better presenter, I learned how much I hate PR and now Im here.

So let's see where we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment