Pages

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Pain pain paaaain

Some time ago I was pressured into seeing the doctor because of severe... lady parts pain. I didnt do anything to them and pain was something that i had more or less become used to since menarche ten years ago.

But after severe pain, the owl instructed, pleaded, begged I see a doctor. So I did. After tests and poking and prodding from the doctor I was told via an ultrasound that I had hydronephrosis and possibly adenomyosis.

In normal language, slightly blocked kidneys and an odd uterus. I enjoyed two blissful weeks of antibiotics and work because of my kidneys but was basically told "oh, you don't need to worry about the second thing it just means you're going to get more pain than other women and at random".

That was more or less okay with me. It wasn't a surprise, I suppose. I was happy and thumbs-upped my lady region for not threatening to fall out or anything.

That said, it doesn't mean we get along all the time. When it comes close to the occasional period, still indecisive after a decade, fatigue and pain set in. It means naps, an inability to sit at my computer for very long and, every so often, nausea.

Thankfully after the whole kidney-uterus combo, the nausea subsided. I don't know if it's because of a change in diet, a lack of boozing or decrease in the amount of coke and coffee, I've been lucky for two months. Despite a lack of nausea, it all just generally sucks.


Anyway, here's hoping that one day science decides that it wants to fix problems like these because in my experience painkillers just don't work.

No comments:

Post a Comment