Pages

Sunday, December 7, 2014

Please stop fixing everything by shutting the door.

Imagine if you will: I walk into work this morning, sit at a cubicle and scroll through my morning newsfeed, full to the brim because I haven't touched it in days. However, now out of my drug-induced haze, words actually have begun to make sense. But I find nothing that really makes all that much sense.

It's been about a week of not coming in to the office so I may have also forgotten my social skills but there was one thing I had to share in the newsroom: “Village enforces law”.

Now apparently there's a problem in Cakaudrove; marri3d wom3ns bin touching up on th3m bach3lorz. Or something. Yes, I totally take this issue seriously. Honestly, it is a bit of a concern given the article suggests that violence ensues when the whole affairs come to light.

The “solution”?

"TRADITIONAL leaders and village elders in Cakaudrove have enforced a decision to have married couples drink grog in their own homes."


Ok. So... enforceable valuable family time? I don't know, but honestly I don't think this is address the real problem. First, there may be the nature of marriage in the area. Is it shotgun? Boredom? Love? Who knows!

Again, if you aren't spending time hanging out with your husband, how much do you like him really? Again again, are the bachelors blameless here? Apparently so.

Perhaps then the real problem is the issue of communicating - expressions of frustration and anger bound to be expected but we're supposedly higher beings with the ability to process and have thought and highly developed language on our side. Or maybe we just don't use any of that... I guess.

I don't know if this whole solution will fix anything. I hope things get better but I don't think all the problems will go away with a closed door. Unhappy marriages are still unhappy.

How about we get our values train back on that “sanctity of marriage” track? Have babies, do whatever, be whoever and love whoever – but keep that huge rest-of-your-life commitment maybe for someone you actually want to spend the rest of your life with.


It's funny people in power still refuse lifelong partners recognition because they may be of the same sex when stupid straight people can do whatever they want. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment